One of my life's little mottos

One of my life's little mottos

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Latest & Greatest


The twins were on the go the entire time!
Jace enjoying his first visit to St. Mary's.










Summer is flying by way to quickly for my taste! The kids and I have been going to the St. Mary's Waterpark, swim lessons, and just hanging out at the house. Since the heat index has been so high almost all activities involve water in some way. Today after church we laided out the slip & slide. We haven't done that since the summer before last so it was neat to see how they were much improved with it. Our neighbors Jason & Shelly came over with their son Riley and enjoyed some much needed water time. Jason got into the act and had to show the kids how it was done... cracked me up!!






The twins also enjoyed attending the MOCA art camp for a week. The theme was space and they used a ton of different mediums to represent space. Jace and I enjoyed coming back to the houe to chill out before going to get them again. I now have major pieces of art all over the walls of the house. They kept asking to go back but told them it was a special treat (one of those guilty mommy times you want to give them everything they ask for!) The will get to attend science camp at MOSH at the end of this month.




As for me, I attending a great training in Orlando for a few days. This meant that all three kids got to spend the time with Grandma, Peepaw, and Uncle Josh. They had a great time. I got to meet the new people I will be working with and I liked all of them. I wont lie, I didn't sleep well for a week or so leading up to this training. I had no idea what this was about, never met any of the people except the Principal and was just generally felt nervous about such a huge change. Ended up it was all for not and I have been WAY more relaxed since returning. I love any training (and there are very few) where I leave feeling like it was worth my time and I learned a lot. I did eat pretty decent while away and even "enjoyed" the fitness center. Since I was staying on the 5th floor I also became good friends with the stairs. I stuck to what I said last post and the scale is GONE! Instead I have started using a free app called My Fitness Pal to track not only my workouts but also my calories. We shall see..... I did get to enjoy an ice cream class (totally NOT good for the weight I know) but tons of fun! I so want my own ice cream maker now. If you have never taken some classes through Publix I highly recommend!

 I would like it noted that Celeste and I are the only ones actually working.... Brandi and Lindsay are talking and simply waiting to eat ice cream... lazy butts! :-)













No comments: